Not all cotton is great
Brokula&Ž clothing is made from organically grown raw materials and it carries hidden messages on the inside that can only be seen by you… and whoever undresses you. So that feeling of comfortable, natural fabric on the skin keeps you warm from the outside while inspirational thoughts warm you from within.
In case you didn't know, a quarter of pesticides and insecticides used worldwide are used for cotton cultivation. Of the nine compounds which are most frequently used for dusting cotton plants, five are very dangerous to health and the environment. If you’re now wondering if your bottom is radioactive, let us reassure you – there is cotton that is grown organically and without the use of harmful chemicals.
Brokula&Ž clothing is made from this type and only this type of cotton, using organic and naturally grown materials, and also biodegradable and eco-friendly packaging.
Two types of cotton are used to make Brokula&Ž clothing – one contains 48% organic cotton, 48% ProModal and 4% elastane, and the other one only contains 96% organic cotton and 4% elastane. Brokula&Ž clothing is made in Croatia, and the whole project bears the signature of Bruketa&Žinić OM.
Brokula&Ž is clothing that cares for nature. It is made from naturally grown organic raw materials that guarantee comfort, breathability, warmth, quality and durability.
We use only organic cotton to make Brokula&Ž clothing – so, cotton that grows and ripens the way that nature intended. Brokula specifically insisted on this, for Ž it’s all the same, he prefers leather trousers.
ProModal is made of natural cellulose fibres from plants. It’s a material created from the combination of Modal and Tencel, fibres made of cellulose in a controlled, ecological and sustainable production process, which ensures the maximum utilisation of organic raw materials.
Elastane is added to fabric to make Brokula&Ž clothing more durable, which means that you will throw it away less frequently, which actually means that you’re looking after the environment. And also, in 10 years time clothes from the 2010s will be in fashion again, so you’ll have nice vintage items to wear... with the possible exception of underwear.
A glass of broccolli a day
Aesthetics and functionality are our middle names. In other words, Brokula Aesthetics and Functionality & Ž. In any case, the Brokula&Ž packaging and marketing strategy was thought up by the award-winning creative directors from Bruketa&Žinić OM agency, keeping aesthetics and functionality in mind, naturally.
Who says so?
OE 100 Standard of
the Organic Exchange/
OE Blended Standard of
the Organic Exchange/
Dalum Papir A/S
The Best Croatian Green Economy Start-up
Zagreb Energy Association and Energo Media Servis
All that matters comes
Every piece of Brokula&Ž clothing carries hidden messages on the inside that can only be seen by you… and, naturally, whoever undresses you.
On the inside, because all that matters can't be seen at first glance anyway. The thing is – it's important that it makes you happy and that you know something that others don't. It's your little secret. It's like when you come to work not wearing underpants under your trousers... but a hundred times more hygienic.
A bird and a vegetable
Who are Brokula and Ž?
Brokula is broccoli and Ž is a little bird. Anyone who has ever seen broccoli or a bird – so, probably everybody – would think that Brokula is the one who stands with his feet firmly rooted to the ground, while little bird Ž roams the world with his head in the clouds. Actually, it's just the opposite because
Paul Coelho / making snow angels / puppies / soy milk / sandals
BROKULA DOESN'T LIKE
vegetable soup / heavy metal / swearing / animals that wee on flower beds / cutlery
park statues / dust / all kinds of crumbs / Hitchcocka / leather trousers
Ž DOESN'T LIKE
hippies / flowers / adults in pink clothing / the "Thorn Birds" mini-series
And yet, Brokula and Ž are inseparable, despite their different views of the world. Just like in all of those police-partners-with-different-personalities-that-eventually-become-close-through-danger movies. In this type of movie Bruce Willis would play the role of Ž and Brokula would be played by Jackie Chan… dyed green. And there wouldn't be a whole lot of danger. In general, this movie probably wouldn't fill cinema seats, so it's good that they turned to clothing.
In this type of movie Bruce Willis would play the role of Ž and Brokula would be played by Jackie Chan… dyed green. And there wouldn't be a whole lot of danger. In general, this movie probably wouldn't fill cinema seats, so it's good that they turned to clothing.